Friday, February 13, 2009

You're Invited...

There have been many times in my life when I've held back from God out of shame. Afraid to be too vulnerable, because if God knew what I was really like, there's no way He could still love me. There would be no way I could still be His child. Right? Growing up under very difficult circumstances, my self worth was stripped from me as a child. I was convinced that God had made a mistake with me. Then, I met Jesus. And, through some very difficult years I began to gain a little better understanding of His love, not only for me, but for every one of us. The first thing I learned was that God already knew everything there was to know about me. And, He still loved me. In fact, His decision to love me came long before I even knew who He was or that He even existed. It hasn't always been easy, but God has been faithful and, sure, there are still times when I fell unloved, but God is always there to remind me that He does.
I think if we're honest, even the most confident among us would admit there are times when we feel ashamed, unwelcome and unloved. And, in those times we turn from God, hoping He won't see. But, He does see. He sees everything. And, as scary as that is, there is some comfort in knowing that whatever we've done, wherever we've been, God still loves us and wants to be with us. It's really amazing, when you stop and think about it. That, God loved you and me so much that He wanted to be with us, even though it cost Him, His son. Jesus made a way for God to look past our wrong doing, sin, and invite us in. As we are. I once heard a pastor share a great analogy. He said, "Do you wash up before you take a shower?" We are free to come to God in the very condition we're in. Don't hold back out of fear you're not good enough. You are. Not because of what you've done, but because of what He's done.
Meredith Andrews did a very nice job of articulating this in her new song; "You Invite Me In" It's found on her "The Invitation" CD and you're hearing it on Family Friendly Radio. If you, like me, struggled or are struggling with your self worth, can I have just a moment to encourage you? God does love you! And, He is not ashamed of you! If I can be praying for you, please don't hesitate to let me know. You can email me today at; joeb@newlifemedia.org
If you want to know more about Meredith Andrews or hear this song now, please click here: http://www.meredithandrews.com/ No matter where you've been or what you've done, God already knows and He still loves you and longs to be with you. He is waiting patiently for you to take Him up on His invitation.

Songs from this CD you're hearing on Family Friendly Radio: "You're Not Alone" & "You Invite Me In"

No comments: