Friday, February 6, 2009

Going Through The Motions...

Does life ever feel like your on a bike going down a hill at a hundred miles an hour, doing everything you can to keep from wiping out? Sometimes, it feels like I'm using every ounce of strength I have to just keep the handle bars steady. Life can be so stressful. And, it comes at you fast! There are so many different things pulling at us from so many different directions. Many times, It can be quite difficult, and sometimes almost impossible, to devote the necessary attention to each detail of our lives. And, if we're not careful, we can begin to compromise different aspects of our lives. We can start "going through the motions" in the smaller details that consume our lives. Then, before we know it, the majority of what we do consist of just motions. The thing is, the more we go through the "motions" the less we are able to feel. Then, life slowly becomes less and less about living and more about just getting through each day. We've all been there, at one point or another, right? I find myself there from time to time in different areas of my life. It's like I'm on autopilot. At the time it doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but in looking back I can see how much I missed out on. I don't want to miss out anymore! That's one, of many, reason I love the new Matthew West song, "The Motions." Matthew does a great job of articulating what I'm going through when I find myself fighting off falling back into autopilot. It's a daily challenge to step outside the "just get me through this day" and start to live again. I also love Matthew's heart and appreciate his desire to use his music as a tool to impact people's lives. If you would like to, also, say "No more going through the motions," please click here; http://www.matthewwest.com/motions/ And, if you wouldn't mind, please share your story. Your story will inspire others to take that step beyond "The Motions!"

No comments: