Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year, New Music!

Wow, it's 2008! I can remember as a child thinking about the year 2000 and how it felt like forever away. Now, I find myself 8 years on the other side and life continues to move faster and faster. One "Resolution" I have for this year is to slow down a little and try to spend more quality time with my wife and kids, do more meaningful things for the Kingdom and enjoy each fleeting moment just a little more. When I think about 2007, there are so many highlights that come to mind.

One very fun highlight was an evening I spent with Steve Fee. We were supposed to have dinner together, but the plans fell through when he got tickets to a Cubs/Reds game at Wrigley Field. It turns out that Steve is friends with Tom Hume, pitching coach for the reds, and got incredible seats to the game. Hoping I wouldn't be too disappointed about having to cancel our dinner (and not knowing I'm a HUGE Cubs fan) he asked if I would be interested in attending the game. "Are you kidding?" To top it off, it was at the end of the season and the Cubs were in a race for the playoffs! What a great game! I watched Soriano throw out a runner at the plate in the 7th inning and the Cubs eventually won the game! To be a part of that celebration as they blasted "Go Cubs Go" throughout the stadium was unbelievable! As I was driving home that night, I found myself thinking back over the incredible evening. Yes, the game was pretty awesome, but, getting to know Steve was the highlight of the evening. And, almost getting lost in the excitement was the fact that Steve is in a band called Fee. Fee is signed to INO Records, the same record company that brought you great songs from groups like MercyMe, 33Miles, Phillips, Craig & Dean and so many others. Fee has a new CD, which Steve gave me a copy of that night, called "We Shine" and it is very, very good. I listened to it all the way home from the Cubs' game and have been listening to it ever since. I love it! You've also been hearing "Glorious One" during our Sunday Morning Praise and now you'll start hearing their new single "All Because Of Jesus", a song that Steve Fee wrote and Casting Crowns also recorded for their newest CD; "The Alter and the Door" I can't wait for you to hear this song, because I know you're going to love it!

Other great new songs you'll be hearing over the next month or so are "Captivated" by Shawn McDonald, Sanctus Real's "We Need Each Other", Brit Nicole "Set the World on Fire" and the incredible "Cinderella" from Steven Curtis Chapman.

As always, your opinion is extremely important to me! If you want to help shape the sound of your favorite Family Friendly Radio Station, please join our Music Advisory Panel and let me know what you think about, not only these songs as you hear them, but about any song we're playing! Thanks and, again, Happy New Year!






No comments: