Friday, January 18, 2008

Cinderella

My wife, daughter, son and I all sat down and watched the movie Hook a couple of nights ago. My wife and I had screened it a couple of nights earlier just to make sure it was appropriate for our kids. And, outside of a few moments in need of fast forwarding, it was a good movie. It was fun to watch my kids reaction through out the film. My son has been a huge Peter Pan fan for the better part of a year and my daughter loves Tinkerbell. It brought a smile to my face watching the way my daughter could barely contain her excitement when Tinkerbell made her first appearance. And, the way my son got so animated during the battle between Peter Pan and Captain Hook. But, the movie was more that just entertaining. I couldn't help but feel warned by the life lessons taught throughout the dialog of this movie. Cherish the time we have with our kids. It's really only for a few brief years that we have them as kids. I took note when Moria said to Peter "The kids are growing up, and you're missing it." I don't want to miss it. Once these years are gone, they can't be regained. That's one of the reasons I'm always looking for memory building activities for the family. In fact, I'm really looking forward to a very special evening planned with my daughter. In a couple of weeks we'll be attending a Cinderella ball together. It should prove to be an evening that lives on within our memories for a lifetime. She is so excited about it, she talks about it all the time. In fact, just yesterday we were discussing what we are going to wear to the ball and, out of the blue, she said, "I hope they play 'Cinderella' at the ball. " She was referring to Steven Curtis Chapman's new song from his CD "This Moment." She loves the song and would love to dance with daddy, at the ball, during that song. As I watched her face become so full of life while sharing her idea with me, I got a little sad at how fast she is growing. Sure, I'm excited about her becoming the woman God created her to be, but secretly wish it would move just a little slower. We just have to make the most of these moments. That's why I know you're going to love "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman! It is sure to become one of your favorites in record time. It really is a beautiful song carrying a gentle reminder to take breaks from our busy lives and spend time with our most precious gifts while they are still "here in our ams!" If you haven't heard it yet, you will. Keep listening to Family Friendly Radio! If you want to hear it right now, click here; http://www.myspace.com/stevencurtischapman


Steven Curtis Chapman
Album: "This Moment"
New Single: "Cinderella"
Website: http://www.stevencurtischapman.com/

1 comment:

karengp said...

I think of my son Leonard when I hear Cinderella. There are differnet midnights for us. My son went to be with Christ on June 19, 1991 and so I would tell people to "dance" with their children while they can.