Friday, September 18, 2009

Heaven Is the Face...

Well, I'll never forget the way I felt when I learned of the tragic accident that claimed the life of Steven Curtis Chapman's youngest daughter. I found myself immediately putting myself into Steven's shoes. Being a father of three, my heart ached for him and his family. I can't imagine what it must have been like to experience the loss of a child. I hope and pray I never get the opportunity to know first hand what that feels like.
Over the past year or so, I've been continually blown away by how the Chapmans have handled themselves through the grieving process. I've seen and heard first hand so many lives impacted and changed by the very way Steven and his family have responded. The encouragement they've offered just through being real. Even in the midst of not understand how a loving God could allow something like this to happen. Even through this time of intense grieving, they've never turned their backs on God. A lot of questions, sure. But, through it all, not turning their backs on Him.
Steven is about to release a brand new CD, "Beauty Will Rise" on November 3rd. This CD has such honesty and hope woven through the songs from start to finish. The opening track happens to be the first single to radio, "Heaven Is the Face." If you've lost a loved one, then the words in this song will be a real encouragement to you. I loved it from the first time I heard it. I'm convinced it will bless you as well. It is currently playing on your favorite Family Friendly radio station.
If you would like more information, please click here; http://www.stevencurtischapman.com/
If you're experiencing a difficult time in your journey, I would count it a privilege to stand in prayer with you. Please don't hesitate to drop me a line at joeb@newlifemedia.org.

Joe Buchanan serves New Life Media as Network Music Director. www.newlifemedia.org (WBGL, WIBI & WCIC)
We work very hard to honor God through serving you. Your input is very important to us and decisions are made regularly, based on the opinions you have. To assure that your opinion is being heard, please join our Music Advisory Panel today. Click on your station for a direct link. Thanks!
Music Advisory Panel: WBGL WCIC WIBI

No comments: