Tuesday, April 29, 2008

To Serve You Better...

I recently had the privilege to attend Gospel Music Association week (GMA) in Nashville, TN. While there, it dawned on me that this was my 13th trip to GMA. It really doesn't seem like it was all that long ago that I ventured out on my maiden journey to the Music City. I can remember my first trip like it was yesterday. It's hard to forget how out of place I felt and how terribly green I was. I had so much to learn. As I made my way through the busy, but wonderful week, this year, I found myself reminiscing about those first years. It's fun to think back and look at how far I've grown. Yet, the more I learn the more I realize how little I really do know. God is continually challanging me to do a better job at His purpose in my life. Although there are many things similar to those first few years, like the hotel, the city itself, and so many faces, a lot has changed. A few artist still stroll through the hotel lobby familiar to my early days, but most are a new crop birthed in the last 10 years or so. Music has changed. The face of music has changed. And, the way we do radio has changed. I remember those first few years being a lot about "me." How do I do it better? How do I make a difference? How do I play the best music? Although those questions can seem harmless, and sure there was also a focus on God, but still I felt there was something missing.
That was until about 6 years ago when I noticed a shift in focus at GMA. A shift not only in the industry, but also in me. It was no longer all about me, but more about you. Yea, YOU! Believe it or not, you've play a much bigger role than you might think. That's because we better understood God's calling on us to serve you. And, once we began to understand where God was leading, well, there was just no turning back. This year's GMA was all about YOU! You have more power than you may realize. It's you that makes a song a hit or not. With an increasing number of radio stations relying on input from their listeners, the charts are actually influenced by your opinion. As artists better understand what you're looking for, they are now recording songs to better serve you. You are also influencing songs radio stations decided to play. Here, at Family Friendly Radio, we have experienced some amazing success over the past several years. Of course, all Glory goes to God, but so much "Thanks" to you. God has used YOU to help us get to where He is leading. And I believe we've only touched the tip of the iceberg.
You are significant! God has an amazing purpose for your life. And, maybe a small part of that plan would be to help determine the direction for the future of Christian Music. And, it's really easy! It takes just minutes a week, a few weeks a month! Plus, to top it all off, it can be done right in the privacy of your own home. All you need to do is join our Music Advisory Panel today. It's free and there are never any strings attached. You could also win some very cool prizes just for being a panel member. For more information about joining this amazing team and help determine which songs get played, please check out our website or email me today; joeb@newlifemedia.org

No comments: